Inter-institutional Lateral Transfer
The inter-institutional lateral transfer is based on The Regulation for Student Transfer Between Associate Degree and Bachelor’s Degree Programs, Double Major and Minor Programs and Course Credit Transfers Between Institutions of Higher Education published in the Official Gazette No.27561, dated 24 April 2010.
Terms of Lateral Transfer with Scholarship
In inter-institutional transfers all the regulations should be fundamentally respected. In order for the student to be accepted to the department/program, the exam grade of the student should be over the determined base point of the program/department in the period of the exam date. The required documents in the student’s application file should be complete and the documents should indicate that the student is eligible in terms of the preconditions for transfer. Once these criteria are met, according to the resolution:
1) For all the programs except the programs of Economy, Administrative Sciences, Political Sciences and International Relations,
· If the grade point average of the student at his/her institution of origin is between 3.00/4.00 or above, the acceptance of the student is decided without reducing the scholarship rates announced by TEDU for the relevant year.
· If the grade point average of the student at his/her institution of origin is between 2.00/4.00 or above but below 3.00/4.00, the student is accepted to TEDU from a one-down scholarship rate.
· If the grade point average of the student at his/her institution of origin is below 2.00/4.00, the student is accepted to TEDU is subject to tuition fee.
2) For programs of Economy, Administrative Sciences, Political Sciences and International Relations,
· If the general point average of the student at his/her institution of origin is 2.00/4.00 or above, the acceptance of the student is decided without reducing the scholarship rates announced by TEDU for the relevant year.
· If the general point average of the student at his/her institution of origin is below 2.00/4.00, the student is accepted to TEDU is subject to tuition fee.
3) All the acceptances will be limited with the announced quotas.
Application Terms for Inter-Institutional Lateral Transfer
1. The students can not apply for lateral transfer in the first two and last two semesters of the undergraduate programs (except the English Language School program).
2. a) The minimum general point average of the student should be 2.29 over 4.00 (minimum 60 over 100). If the student with the required general point average has failed courses, he/she can is till eligible for application. b) The students who can not meet the required general point average but meet the required central placement grade of the transfer program, they can still apply for lateral transfer. Under these conditions, the application of the students are evaluated after the placement of the students who meet the requirements stated in article a), if the quota is not filled.
3. The student who applies for lateral transfer has to be registered to his(her institution of origin.
4. The student should not have any disciplinary punishment except reprimand and warning.
5. In order to apply from distance learning programs or open university programs, the general point average of the student should be minimum 3.15/4.00 (minimum 80 over 100) or his/her placement grade should be equal or above the current base point of the program.
6. Because the medium of instruction in our university is English, the students whose application for transfer is accepted should be successful at the English Placement Exam of TEDU. The students who can submit a successful grade report from equivalent national or international exams will be exempted from the English Language School Program. The accepted exemption grades are as follows: KPDS: 87; ÜDS: 87; YDS: 87; International English Language Testing System- Academic (IELTS): 6.5 (minimum 5.5 from each section); Internet based TOEFL (TOEFL IBT): 79 / 20 (79 in total, minimum 20 from the writing section); Paper based TOEFL (TOEFL PBT): 550 / 4 (550 in total, minimum 4 from the writing section); UCLES First Certificate in English (FCE): B; Certificate in Advanced English (CAE): C; Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): C (The only VALID TOEFL exam score reports are those obtained at the Turkish American Association or at University Exam Labs. The result of international exams is valid for two years).
7. If the student applies from abroad, the institution of the student should be recognized by the Council of Higher Education.
8. The students who have started their education abroad and the students of Turkish and Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus nationality who apply for transfer from recognized institutions, have to submit the documents stated below. These candidates should have taken the Student Placement Exam and succeeded minimum 140 from related Transition to Higher Education Exam for associate degree programs, minimum 180 from the related Undergraduate Transition Exam:
· SAT1 (Minimum 1000 points)
· ACT (Minimum 24 points)
· Abitur (Min 6 over 3 diploma grade)
· French Baccalaureate
· GCE A Level Certificate (Minimum 2 courses)
· International Baccalaureate - IB
· Austrian Matura Diploma ( Matura Reifezeugnis)
The evaluation is made according to the placement exam grade, general grage average and pre-conditions of the program, in line with the recommendations of the programs/faculties and faculty administrative board decisions. The success grades pursuant to the grade system out of 4 and 100 are calculated according to the conversion tables defined by the Higher Education Executive Board. The eligible candidates’ applications are evaluated by the lateral transfer commission of the respective program, the evaluation results are submitted to the respective Administrative Board. Decisions of acceptance and rejection are taken by the Administrative Board. The acceptance of the candidates is executed according to the principal and the fill-in-list quotas.
Terms of Placement
1. Placement operations are executed in line with the administrative board decisions of the respective units.
3. The decision of eligibility is announced to principal candidates either in written document or via e-mail.
4. If the principal candidates do not apply for registration within the indicated deadlines, the candidates in the fill-in-list are announced on the internet address and called on according to the lateral transfer list of the higher education program.
Required Documents for Application
1. Application Form
2. Student Certificate (original)
3. A certified disciplinary status document (if this status is indicated on the student certificate or the academic report, an additional document is not required.)
4. Undergraduate Transfer Exam Result (LYS)
5. Certificate for English Proficiency (for those who want to be exempted from the English Language School program)
6. Academic report (Transcript) : Certified document which indicates all the courses and grades of the student from his/her institution of origin.
7. Course Contents (except for English Language School students)
8. Double sided photocopy of the High School Diploma