Scholarships Provided upon Admission to the University:
Full Scholarship: This scholarship is designed to provide students with the full cost of tuition and includes free accommodation at the student residence.
%75 Scholarship*: This scholarship is designated to students who are placed with %75 Scholarship. These students do not pay %50 of the tuition fee.
%50 Scholarship: This scholarship is designated to students who are placed with %50 Scholarship. These students do not pay %50 of the tuition fee
%25 Scholarship: This scholarship is designated to students who are placed with %50 Scholarship. These students do not pay %50 of the tuition fee
*In 2016-2017 academic year there is no quota for %75 scholarship.
International Baccalaureate Scholarship* /Scholar Scholarship * :
This scholarship is designed to provide students who have succeeded an International Baccalaureate diploma grade of 32-37; or a French Baccalaureate diploma grade of 14-16 who enrol at TEDU programs with 25% tuition scholarship throughout the English Preparatory School and undergraduate education. Students who have acquired an International Baccalaureate diploma grade of 38 and above; or a French Baccalaureate diploma grade of 17 and above who enrol at TEDU programs are granted with 50% tuition scholarship throughout the English Preparatory School and their undergraduate education.
The Scholar Scholarship is designated for students who are graduates of scholar development programs and placed at the TEDU programs within the first 35.000 students. They are provided with %25 tuition scholarship throughout the English Language School and their undergraduate education. Together with the International Baccalaureate Scholarship the rate can mount to maximum %100.
The Sports Scholarship is designed for students of TED University who meet the conditions mentioned below and begins from the first semester following the application. The Sports Scholarship can not exceed the %50 of the tuition fee. The students who meet the conditions of receiving more than one type of scholarship, benefit from the most comprehensive scholarship except the International Baccalaureate/Scholar Scholarship and ELS (Beginner) scholarships. The rate of Sports Scholarship can not exceed the “Full Scholarship” rate.
The students who perform the team sports active in the university or those who perform individual sports accredited by the university can apply for the sports scholarship. The number of students who will benefit from the sports scholarship are defined by the university administration (Rector proposal or approval from the Board of Trustees) each academic according to the requirements.
Evaluation Criteria for TED University Sports Scholarship:
The candidate student should be  actively performing one of the sports defined by TED University in the A National Team, National Youth Team or at the club level and  should not have any injuries.
The candidate student should declare the results of national and club competitions and his/her personal references. The rate of scholarship is decided according to the requirements met which are mentioned above and the evaluation of the interview that will take place between the candidate and the dean of students and the sports coordinators upon the approval of the rector.
The scholarship of the student who receives the Sports Scholarship will be suspended if he/she is classified as “probational-unsatisfying”.
 Except the regional league teams.
 Except for the temporary injuries which do not last more than one academic semester.
Sibling Scholarship *:
If two siblings are enrolled to TED University paid programs at the same time, a 10 % tuition fee waiver is applied for each sibling upon their request. This reduction is only applied to students who are born to the same family or who have been adopted legally.
Scholarships Provided during Undergraduate Education:
At the end of each academic year (excluding the English Language School), students who have completed the normal course load and attained an annual grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (three) or above, as well as being ranked first, second or third of all non-scholarship or partial-scholarship students in their program, may become eligible to receive a merit scholarship for the following academic year. The grades of the summer school and the grades of previous exams or exemption exams are not included in the calculation of the scholarship. The grades received in the framework of Erasmus program are accepted. The duration of the scholarship is one year. The new assessment is done for the following academic year. Students, who are awarded a merit scholarship, are expected to work 4 hours a week under the supervision of the relevant head of department.
Rank of the Scholarship
First does not pay the tuition fee.
Second does not pay %75 of the tuition fee.
Third does not pay %50 of the tuition fee.
Needs Based Scholarship:
This scholarship is designed either to cover part of the tuition fee or to provide free lunch and/or book and/or dormitory fees to students who need temporary financial support. This support is subject to the decision of the Foundation, at the discretion of the Board of Trustees. The duration, amount and the conditions of the scholarship are specified in each decision. Students who are eligible for the needs based scholarship, are expected to work 4 hours a week under the supervision of the relevant head of department.
The continuation of the needs based scholarship depends on the academic success. The students of the faculties should be on the expected status*, the students of the English Language School should complete their studies in 1 year for Upper, 1,5 years for Intermediate, 2 years for Beginner levels. (*Satisfactory Status, students with 50 and more credits GPA =1.60, students with 51 – 100 credits GPA=1.70, students with101 and more credits GPA=1.80)
Work and Study Scholarship:
This scholarship is designated to students who apply for working opportunities. The eligibility for this kind of scholarship, depends on the student’s financial needs and academic success. Students who are eligible for this type of scholarship are expected to work a maximum of 15 hours per week, 60 hours per month (maximum 10 hours per week and 40 hours per month for students in English Language School) with an hourly wage. The duration of this type of scholarship is 9 months.
* Conditions for the Continuation of All Scholarships
For registered students with a good disciplinary record, extension of scholarships is not dependent on the GPA. The duration of the scholarship is 6 years for students who enrol to the English Preparatory School and 5 years for students who enrol directly to their faculties. Scholarships for students who are not able to complete the English Language School in two years time are not extended. These students are entitled to scholarship only upon their successful completion of the English Language School and their enrolment in the undergraduate programme. The duration of the scholarship for the students undertaking a double degree programme is extended for one year.
- Unregistered students can not benefit from any previously granted scholarship upon reregistration.
- The students who are eligible for more than one type of scholarship can benefit from the maximum scholarship rates (except the International Baccalaureate/Scholar/Beginner scholarships).
- The students who start their education at the English Language School at the Beginner level may receive %10 scholarship increment if they succeed to complete their English language education in one year and begin their faculty programs. Those who already receive %90 or more scholarship may not benefit from this increment (the students who have registered on 2014 and after).
- The summer school is subject to tuition fee regardless of the scholarship status of the students (except for those who have registered on 2012 and 2013).The students who follow extra courses over 20 credits pay the extra fee regardless of their scholarship status.The scholarships are valid for normal credit load (14-20 credits). The students who follow less courses may use their credits in the following years for extra courses.
- The students who take more than 20 credits due to Double Major/Minor Programs pay the extra tuition fee for these classes; the students who follow these programs successfully during two years are automatically granted with an extra tuition fee scholarship and they don’t pay the extra credit fees anymore.
- The students who are replaced at the same faculty they were registered at the end of the 2015-2016 academic year in TED University, can not benefit from the scholarships.
- The admission scholarship of a student who benefits from merit scholarship is automatically extended.
- The time off period of a student is included in the time span of his/her scholarship. However if the student has a major health problem, whether the sick leave period will be included in the scholarship time span or not will be decided by the University Executive Committee.
- The students who are placed with full scholarship are not paid for accommodation if they do not wish to be accommodated at the student residence; those who request can benefit from the student residences.